NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. — The Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Day planned for Northborough will continue as originally scheduled on Nov. 3 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
To participate, residents must purchase a disposal box at the Northborough Fire Station. They will be available on Tuesday evening from 7-9 p.m. Residents who purchase a labeled waste carrier may bring the following items to 345 West Main St.:
- Oils (spent motor oil)
- Gasoline or gasoline mixtures
- Car batteries
- Spent antifreeze
- Oil-based paints and stains
- Photo chemicals
- Pool chemicals
- Household chemicals (drain cleaners, cleaners and detergents)
- Fluorescent light bulbs.
The following items will not be permitted:
- Compressed gas cylinders (propane or oxygen)
- Smoke detectors
- Resticides containing Pentachlorophenol and/or 2, 4, 5-T/Silvex
- PCB (capacitors, transformers, light ballasts)