NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. — The Northborough Free Library is seeking applicants to fill a vacant seat on its Board of Trustees. The term will end in 2014 and can be renewed. Terms are typically three years.
Trustees must be Northborough residents and are appointed by the selectmen. The Board of Trustees meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m. at the library.
According to the library website, trustees are responsible for the following:
• Goal-setting with the director.
• Making long-range plans.
• Approving the annual budget request.
• Overseeing the library budget and advocating for funds.
• Overseeing the invested trust funds and gifts.
• Setting policy for the library.
• Acting as appeals board for citizen concerns related to the library.
• Working with the library director and other town boards.
• Participating on a state or regional level for improvement of library service.
• Conforming with local, state and federal laws, as a government body.
Application forms are available at the library circulation desk, at the Northborough Town Hall or online.