An estimated 675 customers are still without power as of 11:30 a.m., representing about 10 percent of the town's customer base. National Grid estimates that power will not return completely for all customers until Friday.
Meanwhile, all schools in both Northborough and Southborough got their power back overnight, allowing students to return to the classroom after two days off.
Northborough announced today that Halloween trick-or-treating will continue as originally planned this evening. Northborough police will have extra patrols on duty.
Police recommend the following safety tips for trick-or-treaters and their families:
- Adults should accompany children.
- Costumes should not hinder vision.
- Reflectorized or light color clothing is advised.
- Flashlights are a must!
- Know where you’re going.
- Never accept unwrapped candy.
- All goodies should be carefully inspected.
- Discuss road safety with children, particularly about running across streets.