NORTHBOROUGH, Mass. — The Northborough-Southborough Music Association has announced the senior scholarships awarded to this year's graduating seniors at Algonquin Regional High School.
Twelve awards were presented this year, totaling $7,000. Funds to support these awards are typically raised through private donations, as well as through memberships and annual fundraisers like the Annual Pops Night.
The following is a list of the awards given:
The 2012 NSMA Annual Scholarships: Awarded to Channing Moreland and Alexander Teplansky, for active participation in the ARHS music and/or theater arts programs during their tenure at Algonquin, including their senior year.
The Dennis F. Wrenn Music Education Scholarship: Awarded to Stephen Tzianabos. The scholarship was created to help a student who plans to pursue Dennis Wrenn’s passion for the field of music education.
The Dennis F. Wrenn Performing Arts Scholarships:
- "Bright Side of Life" Award: Awarded to Matthew Cofer, For showing strong growth and passion in any area of the performing arts.
- "Encore" Award: Awarded to Ariel Chang, for excelling in mastering a musical instrument.
- "Bravo" Award: Awarded to Alexander Teplansky, for demonstrating song through superior vocal performance.
- "Curtain Call" Award: Awarded to Zach Lusk, for demonstrating superior song, dance and acting in school musicals.
- "The Blues" Award: Awarded to Allen Scholl, for playing and excelling in jazz with spirit, energy and vigor.
- "Ya Man" Award: Awarded to Channing Moreland and Emily Polanowicz, for displaying exceptional leadership, enthusiasm and loyalty to the ARHS music program.
The David M. Hudson Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to Allen Scholl. The criteria was set by the family of David M. Hudson.
The Kathleen Bartolini Scholarship: Awarded to Sara Kendall, for most reflecting Kathy Bartolini's love of the arts, both at school and in the community.